COLLECT THEM ALL!
Choose from these cute but nasty diseases and microbes:
6. Common Cold: How cute can a cold be?
8. Pollen – Hay fever: Essential for plants but causes sneezes and sniffles to many,
10. E. Coli: Inhabitant of our digestive system, some strains can be dangerous if eaten
11. Toxic mold: unwanted in our houses, she loves water leaks!
15. Heart worm: Enemy of a man’s best friend
16. Food Poisoning: One of the most dangerous bacteria that invade food forgotten too long
17. Bookworm: A microbe that eats up books, literally!
21. Cancer cell (reversible): Malignant neoplasm
25. Tapeworm: A cute little friend that likes to cuddle inside you!
26. Dengue Fever: Tropical fever virus
27. Salmonella: Don’t need to wash with hands to handle it!
28. Leprosy: A widely spread disease of medieval times that gave sufferers a repulsive appearance
29. Candida: A harmless inhabitant of our gut that can become problematic if found elsewhere
31. Chagas disease: Minuscule parasite transmitted by mosquitoes in tropical America
33. Red Tide: Colorful and toxic microorganisms
34. Listeria: Ubiquitous but still dangerous for some.
35. Botulism: Bacteria with the most potent toxin on earth!
39. Pimple: Unnecessary microbes that love our face to build their homes
42. Dust mite: A million neighbor friends!
43. Ulcer: A hurtful little inhabitant of our body
46. Diabetes: The pancreatic beta cells produce insulin which help to maintain blood sugar levels. Learn how they work and what happens when they don’t do their work. Each cell contains a zippered-pouch for the insulin. A great gift idea that can even help one to remember to take his or her insulin.
47. Ebola: the widely-known, deadly virus
49. MRSA: a very resistant bacteria causing problems.
50. Tetanus: A microbe that awaits a wound to make your life miserable.
51. Diarrhea (Campylobacter jejuni): he likes spending time with you, in the bathroom!
52. Chicken Pox: this microbe will give you itchy goosebumps, unless you’re vaccinated!
53. Zika: sadly this virus is known to have recently spread to America
57. Celiac disease (reversible): ill intestine cells that hate gluten, but that can be cured by reversing them, the villi come back to health!
66. Polio : a disease that went unnoticed in 99 % of cases but was catastrophic for the unlucky. Luckily, a vaccine has almost eradicated it from the planet.
67. Yellow fever: a disease that ravaged populations in the past, but also in our memories because of vaccines.
69. Athlete’s foot: a fungi that loves your wet toes.
70. Toxoplasmosis: a parasite spread by our best feline friends.
79. Clostridium difficile : this opportunistic bacteria loves to cause trouble to people who just had antibiotics treatment, she takes advantage of your weakened intestinal flora.
80. Pseudomonas aeruginosa : bacteria causing more and more problems with its resistante to the most common antibiotics.
82. Measles (morbilivirus)